I took a few days off from my day job over this week and next week, which means I’ve got five full days to knock out the rest of the projects on the bank list. That’s 120 hours of paint, drywall, swearing, awkward happy-dances, and at least one more facial splinter in my immediate future. Some people do beaches for vacation, I do sawdust.
To put a little additional pressure on myself I called the bank this week to set up the walk through with the appraiser, which I expect will happen about this time next week.
Here’s what I’ve got left to tackle:
1. Finish sheathing and siding the barn. My uncle is lending me a couple of strong backs tomorrow and Monday to help knock this out.
2. Sort the last section of the rubble pile. I still find this completely effing ridiculous… I’m pretty sure there’s no rule that says I can’t have a big pile of fallen-down barn in my yard if I want to.
3. Finish painting the master bedroom, and install outlet covers.
4. Patch the drywall where the skylights used to be. Which just so happens to be at the top of the stairs, where I’m going to need to rig up 3 ladders to reach. Yay. And then there’s the swiss cheese that is my parlor ceiling.
6. Put a light fixture here to fix the “torn” wallpaper. (You know it’s taking every ounce of willpower I’ve got not to start tearing that wallpaper off instead, right?)
7. Re-install bedroom window sash sans broken glass.
Things not on that list: sleeping, showering, doing my dishes, whining.
Anyone want to take bets on how many times I fall asleep with a paintbrush in my hand over the next five days?
The fun starts now…