Here are things you will believe:
1.) By 11 AM on Friday morning I already had paint on my eyelid.
2.) I thought this was a good idea.
And it was, because this…
Now looks like this…
3.) I also thought this was a good idea. (Yes, that is how I patched the torn wallpaper. Try not to fall out of your chair from rolling your eyes so hard at this ridiculousness.)
I also got the master bedroom walls painted, most of the outlet covers installed, the window sash in, oh, and one other little thing that was on the list…
HELL. YES. You may have trouble believing what you’re seeing right now, but that is, in fact, a sided barn.
I’ve been walking out there periodically over the last twelve hours and touching it just to make sure it’s real and that this isn’t some barn-siding mirage resulting from a complete mental DIY breakdown.
In fact, hold on a sec…
Nope, just checked. It’s still real.
It took six hours Saturday, with the help of three strong backs to help get those 10-foot sheets into place. They’re just tacked up right now so I have to go back and properly nail everything in, but as far as the bank is concerned, this baby is D.O.N.E.
So I’m taking Sunday to build some things that are oddly related to my day job and oddly unrelated to my house, and then I have Monday and Tuesday to finish up this list:
Install barn sidingDONE!
- Clean up rubble pile
Finish painting master bedroomDONE Install master bedroom outlet coversDONE
- Paint master bedroom trim
- Patch drywall holes – 50%
Install new window sashDONE Fix wallpaper tearDONE
I may actually get to take a nap on my vacation after all…